St Peter’s was founded on the generosity and vision of Arthur Broadhurst. Upon this base, the generosity of past generations has provided the excellent learning environment that we take so much for granted today. It is fundamental to the continuing excellence of St Peter’s in providing the very best opportunities for our young people, to continue this tradition of giving.
In order to enable philanthropy to play an increasing role at St Peter’s, the St Peter’s Foundation was established in 2000 and is a registered charitable trust with the aim of providing opportunities for people to support St Peter’s through donations, sponsorships, bequests and other forms of planned gifts. As a charitable trust, donations to the Foundation qualify for a charitable gift taxation rebate. The Foundation exists as a separate entity with its own Board and with its own Chairman, but is subject to the over-riding veto of the Trust Board of St Peter’s School.
The Foundation exists to ensure St Peter’s School will always remain an independent school and to support and enhance the advancement of education at St Peter’s School. This may include:
- the employment of teaching and other staff, educational research projects, scholarships, bursaries, endowments, educational allowances and visits from academic specialists.
- the acquisition by the School of library books, works of art, and teaching equipment.
- the development of new teaching methods and the cultural environment of the School.
- Capital campaigns for the construction or maintenance of buildings used by the School.
- A Capital Endowment Fund to provide endowed scholarships and grants.
If St Peter’s School is to remain at the forefront of student education and lead through innovation, independence and excellence then it is our responsibility to continue this tradition of giving.
St Peter’s School Foundation