The St Peter’s School Foundation was established in 2000 and is a Registered Charitable Trust with the aim of providing opportunities for people to support St Peter’s through donations, sponsorships, bequests and other forms of planned gifts. As a charitable trust, donations to the Foundation qualify for a charitable gift taxation rebate. The Foundation exists as a separate entity with its own board and with its own chairman, but is subject to the overriding veto of the Trust Board of St Peter’s School. The Foundation is reliant on the generosity of alumni, parents, staff and friends of the school. It is through your generosity that the Foundation is able to achieve its goals.
The Foundation exists to ensure that St Peter’s will always remain an independent school to support and enhance the advancement of education at St Peter’s. The Foundation aims to further develop and strengthen the school’s position as an educational leader and enhance the school’s programmes and facilities in the academic, arts, cultural and sporting fields. In order to achieve these objectives, the Foundation may allocate funds to:
- The employment of teachers and other staff.
- Educational research, scholarships, endowments and visits from academic specialists.
- The acquisition by the school of educational resources and equipment of all kinds.
- The development of new teaching methods and the cultural environment of the school.
- Land or facilities.
- The acquisition, construction or maintenance of buildings used or to be used by the school.
- Building a capital fund to future-proof St Peter’s continued independence.
Since its inception in 2000, the Foundation has contributed to a wide range of projects and initiatives, including the Brock Pool, Robb Sports Centre, Scholarships, the Junior Block, and the Golf Academy